Tuesday, October 30, 2007

i cannot... i refuse


i dont wear a mask i do not like to hide my darkness does not overshadow what i really am so i cannot change i refuse to walk a differrent road no matter what i cannot adapt i cannot be someone else i cannot leave myself behind in the sand nor can i speak of change. i am myself and i do not regret my reflection i am myself and my tongue does not roll in different ways i am myself and my eyes do not see wither i am myself, my shadow still remains mine... it did never happen, this truth that you claim, different worlds and different people, running away from so many things, peace in bottles broken sought, peace in a heaven of repentance bought, the air you buy is borrowed, the soil you till is stained with blood, i cannot be someone else, because there are things that i will not do, no matter what they nail me to, i cannot leave myself behind, salvation is never near, i cannot change, my shadow is mine, myself i remain... i cannot.... i refuse... to change

No comments: